Money Saving Ideas
- Use Midway Airport —it’s much closer to the conference location, has cheaper fares (especially if you use Southwest Airlines) and is an easier airport to navigate.
- Bring your own Water Bottle. There are places to refill around the hotel and bottled water costs $3.00!
- Book at the Conference Hotel: If you have four people sharing two queen beds, each person will pay just $37.50 per night (including tax)—this is cheaper than any hotel in town and AirBnB.
- Book at the Conference Hotel II: Save on travel costs to and from the conference location. Everything will happen right outside your door and you won’t get lost or lose time navigating Chicago.
- Book at the Conference Hotel III: The more rooms we book, the cheaper the conference is for everyone because the hotel provides things for free. This is money that will come back to you in the form of scholarships and other perks.
- Fill your in-room Fridge with Real Groceries to avoid the hotel restaurants! You can order using our local grocery delivery service called InstaCart. Order with friends to share the service fee ($3.99 + tip).
- Complete Your COV Registration by Dec 31st and take advantage of our early bird rates.
- Travel with friends from your hometown: Fundraise through parties and cost share your trip.
- Avoid the Hotel Parking and use this app to find discounted rates near the hotel.
- Be A Vendor: Sell your amazing stuff and use the money to help finance your trip. Money we raise from vendors will also come back to participants in the form of perks and scholarships. Get information here!
- Organize a pre-COV4 event or fundraiser in your community!
Got a tip to share? Email us or post on the facebook event page!
We will update this list as we get more ideas.